< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: a violent revolution?

by Joăo Paulo Dias

24 November 1999 15:36 UTC

At 13:13 22/11/99 -0600, Luis Posas wrote:

>> If you don't succeed, by all the "first" means, and if you fail to be
>> undestood because it's not the will of people would you go to violent
>means
>> to reach your goals? Would you go to a violent revolution? In the name of
>> whom? Against whom? Who would you invite to join you?
>> Romantic views but with very practical and understandable objectives... I
>> rather work on civical projects in the long-term... with specific targets
>> without using violent means. I have the patience to wait and work on
>> alternative ways of living and acting. Which projects are you inolved in,
>> if I can ask?
>
>I believe that it was Ernesto "Che" Guevara who said that
>if the conditions for the struggle are not yet present,
>that we could begin to create those conditions.  Perhaps
>events later in his life, leading to his death, point at
>his vision of a true revolutionary.

I believe that the East Timor achievements proves, in some aspects, that a
true and well organized international lobby worked better than 25 years of
struggle against indonesians (although it had its importance)... And it was
necessary the effort of a nation-state along with the pressure of NGO's,
national and international... And the international interests concerning
the products coming form East Timor were very high... Just think about
Australia's positions in all this process, and the changes they made just
because the oil...