< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

WP demonstrations

by João Paulo Dias

11 November 1999 12:05 UTC

Hi

Should the WP operate as a lobby, behind the curtains, or go to other forms
of public demonstrations based in a consensual global agenda ? Due to the
differents points of view, I find it difficult. Nevertheless, a virtual WP
will not be enough to promote social change and activists are quite rare in
some countries, although we are seeing new forms of social movements, as I
saw in Portugal in the East Timor case.

How should the articulation with other social and political organizations
be built? Building a social aon political net is for me one of most
important features of a eventual WP.

Regards
João Paulo Dias

Centro de Estudos Sociais