< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

WP and nation-state

by John_R_Groves

11 November 1999 05:19 UTC

Dear wsners: I don't think a world-state should be a goal of a wp. For one,
it
isn't going to happen. Second, there are far too many dangers with that
kind of
concentration of power. The things that need to be done can be done better
and
more safely by getting the global nation-state system to agree to (a)
certain
restrictions on corporate and national behavior as well as (b) cooperative
arrangements between groups of people across corporate and national
boundaries.
The key problem is how to get a and b to be binding on corporate and
national
entities. My guess is that the binding will never be uncontested, but maybe
we
can get the binding to be a bit stronger than U.N. pronouncements. Randy
Groves