< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Liberal WP (fwd)

by md7148

11 November 1999 04:00 UTC

the rhetoric of the WP is definetly liberal. it is not a new discourse.
the liberal ideology is hidden in the background because the WP does not
clearly specify where they politically stand. mind you that it
strategically avoids to pronounce a political standpoint, like
anti-systemic or anti-imperialist. we do not know whether they are X, Y,
or Z, but just a very loosely defined alliance, and a very general name
that sounds like the World Bank. i can understand this new age populism
because they also want to attract the support of corporations. you can not
do this with a marxist rhetoric. yeah, let it be so. what i am saying is
that this is not a new political strategy. it is reformist, but not
anti-systemic. then, do not come up with ideas as if you are discovering a
special treasury. marxists do not buy it. many bourgeois philosophers,
like kant, had said smilar things many moons ago. it is passe already.
there is nothing revolutionary with that. i am just trying to clarify the
situation as an observer...

Mine Aysen Doyran
phd, POLS
SUNY/Albany