< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

World Party Discussion (fwd)

by md7148

10 November 1999 20:30 UTC

is the world party revolutionary or reformist? what is the political
ideology of the world party? marxist or bourgeois reformist? this is an
important question to take into consideration before raising
counter-factual possibilities. first, the world party should
identify WHO the enemy is and WHAT should be done to fight against the
enemy-- i mean,  a program of PRAXIS. the enemy at the current situation
is finance capital and its various ideologs at local and global level
(including political institutions and organic academia) and i personally
do NOT think that they can be rationally persuaded to give up their
interests unless they are _forced_ to do so. the logic of world capitalism
is based on an endless acumulation of capital. capialists are politically
mobilized to protect their own interests.plus, they are quite powerful in
finding allies in individual states. they are EVEN successfull at
incorporating leftists into their own agenda (now the rheoretic of the
world bank is "social justice".) with that said, capitalists do not have
any problem with morality. they frame it according to their interests just
as they use freedom of speech to communicate with each other. the bottom
line is that if the world party does not cleverly see the _hegemonic_
strategies of the bourgeosie, it remains very much like Kant's bourgeois
internationalism.

i am a marxist from the third world. i should say that i am quite
suspicious of reformist leftist intelligensia here. in the history of
the US, they are hardly mobilized at all, and they are divided on many
issues. i personally believe in the power of PARTY as an enforcer of
political relations aganist the interests of capital. lenin saw this many
moons ago and took advantage of the opportunity when it was necessary.
illegitimate reaction creates legitimate counter reaction. i do not think
that we should be tolerant and spend time time in persuading capitalists
or corporations. they won't be pursuaded. persuation is a waste of time.
we should find something more revolutionary then that!!! plus, why should
corporations be part of the allience? i can not even think of this
possibility. let's make peace with capitalists!! folks, that is what
capitalists want...be careful, capitalists are not stupid....

best,

Mine Doyran
phd student
dept of pol scie
SUNY/Albany
Nelson A. Rockeffeller College
135 western ave., milne 102
Albany/NY,
md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu

warren wrote:

>> 8. Where are the persuadibles. What kinds of people will not need much
>> persuasion? Which kinds will never be persuaded?

>       All this remains to be seen.  But I would not rule out anybody.
>Even people on corporate boards or in ecclesiastical hierarchies or in
>national bureaucracies might turn out to be vulnerable to rational
>persuasion.

> 9. How can we help to turn the reaction against capitalist globalization
> into a movement for globalization from below?

        Build the World Party!  Globalization from below is a marvelous
>phrase, which sums up everything I think the World Party should be about.

        W. Warren Wagar
>       Department of History
        SUNY at Bingha>mton