< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: "Glob.," "Bob," or "something's up here..."

by Mitchell L Gold C.A.

07 November 1999 02:47 UTC

As a "non-academic" observer to the discourse on the meaning of the word
"globalization"  - and whether such definition  may or may not have the
benefit of being truth or being a myth.

I think the definition should be put to a test.  If we are "globalized" then
this discussion could conceivably be being discussed in a hut, igloo, house,
home, building, conference, conference centre, Friday night dinner, Saturday
morning in schule, Sunday morning in Church, Friday at a Mosque, Wednesday
in the Sweatlodge, any day around the water cooler.  Just name it, and ,
given enough time to develop the understanding of the person you are
addressing you can find out whether he thinks the world is globalized.  The
further you go out with your questioning and the deeper you go into the
understanding, you can only come to one conclusion    - we are globalized.

If you conclude that it is not the time yet:  To be considered globalized.
You just have not tried to talk with enough people, deep enough.   My world
is globalized now!

Your Ph.D.  defines most academic work - a singular perspective.       When
you are finished your Ph.D.  consider studying.  "How to die"*  for in that
study you may find out what it means to live as a global citizen in a
globalized planet.  Ask my friends.

In peace,

Mitchell Gold
IAEWP
IPC 2000

* This discussion is led by doctors who take the discussion of the
deterioration process of the human body as one goes through the process of
dying.. Not so hard to believe, but in studying the process of dying, one
discovers some self evident truths about being healthy.  Exercise.  Watching
what you eat.  Learning how to breathe better, learning how to exercise your
senses.  Becoming more human