< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: call for definitions...

by Judi Kessler

05 November 1999 15:04 UTC

I "second" Chris Chase-Dunn's citation. In that volume of the JWSR, Leslie
Sklair addresses the issue of "definitions." Also, you might want to see
Chapter 1, page 1, of Dicken's "Global Shift" (1992 edition) for a
frequently-cited definition of "globalization." A more recent edition of
the book is available, although I can't recall the pub. date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A man who works with his hands is a laborer;
a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman;
but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart
is an artist" Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Judi A. Kessler
Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies
University of California, San Diego