< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Collapse of systems

by Aiviet Nguyen

29 October 1999 17:34 UTC

Hi,

  Thank you all for the feedback. I agree that the collapse is part of the
evolution like a wave packet decays in Quantum Mechanics or living
creature will stop functioning properly by time.

  In Quantum Mechanics a wave packet collapses because of its interaction
with environments or with the observer. It does so because of its duality.
So the wave packet is designed to collapse.

   For the living creature, the collapse is also encoded in the design.
Living creature burns energy to function and produces radicals as a
consequence. By time, the radicals will accumulate and kill the cells
leading to the malfunctions.

   From the practical point of view, there are few controllable parameters
by which we can still speed up and slow down this aging process.

  I think that such parameters can be found for any complex systems.
I am especially interested in the cultural and economic factors. I don't
know whether something like prediction, therapy,...make much sense in
sociology. But I see that the cultural and economic factors are the most
important and controllable for decision makers.

   Perhaps, the belief is just one strong stabilizer and destabilizer of a
political system, but I don't think this process is of one-dimensional.
Thank you for the comment anyway.

   As part of my view, I am also interested in finding references about
the trends of cultural revolution of our time ( may be my terminology is
not proper and requires a flexible interpretation). We are talking about
technology revolution, so I am sure that we can talk about the culture
revolution too.

Thank you very much

With my best regards

Aiviet Nguyen