< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Running out of oil?

by Konstantin Borodinsky

03 September 1999 14:16 UTC

A comment from a "scarecrow".
May be, I missed out something - but amidst these revelations about oil I
never read something like "reasonable consumption". And figures are more
than impressive. They testify, in fact, that people simply waste natural
resources. And this is not the question of "privileged" and
"underprivileged", or, as you call it the "core" and the periphery". This is
a conceptual problem. A matter of mentality. Which, despite all "genetic"
evolution changes remains strangely the same - either in the stone age, or
today.
Or, this is outside the scope of sociobiology or social sciences in general?
I know too well, this is idealism, someone knows the other way?
Respectfully,
Konstantin Borodinsky