< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

silence?

by Richard N Hutchinson

19 June 1999 00:46 UTC

World System Network-

I have noticed a deafening silence since Milosevic capitulated to NATO.

Of course the situation is far from over, but at this juncture it seems
that events have contradicted many dire predictions made in this forum.

I personally thought the NATO campaign was immoral, and my view has not
changed.

But I also thought it unlikely to succeed, and on that score I have to say
that I was wrong.  The Empire seems to have won again -- 2 for 2 along
with the war on Iraq.

This is discouraging, but my point in this post is to provoke some honest
reflection among a group that seems in general unwilling to concede that
it is ever wrong.

Richard Hutchinson