< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

pie

by Ahmet Cakmak

02 June 1999 01:38 UTC

is our reference here ( Elson's summary which andy finds correct) IW or
some other leading theorist of the WS approach ( first of all it is an
approach for me, a starting point,not a theory..there are many WS
theories) or something else ? can't one defend WS approach by defending
argumehts difeerent even conflicting with the basics of founding
theorists (other than it is a totality) ? what is the implications of
this "single division of labor" ? I begin to believe that core countries
( here not as a category as a concrete historical reality,that is west)
has their own technological dynamism and we cannot explain this with
their exploitation of the rest of the world..even this exploitation
itself partly the result of this technological superiority...On the
other hand I accept that the plunder of the mercantile capitalism ages
contributed the technological break of the west and the resource
transfer in the industrial capitalism era is one of the ingredients of
this..
sorry for delay in answer..as you know  time is very different in my
country...