< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Higher Education's Best Practices for Sustainable Development

by Stephen Layman

20 May 1999 14:24 UTC

*** apologies for cross-postings ***

- Are you interested in joining thousands of your colleagues who have found
there is a place that promotes Best Practices and case studies in higher
education chronicling sustainability "on the ground"?

- Do you work in the classroom, campus or community seeking solutions to
environmental issues using an interdisciplinary approach?

- Are you willing to share your experiences with collaborators who can help
expand the Education for Sustainability movement through an internationally
recognized Internet resource?

You are invited to explore and add your story to Second Nature's online
"EFS Profiles" database < http://www.2nature.org/programs/profiles.nsf >.
Inclusion of your project in our EFS Profiles database will help promote
your leadership to our substantial and continually growing audience of
users.  The www.2nature.org website receives thousands of hits per week
from members of the higher education community and interested stakeholders.

Second Nature's EFS Profiles database already includes over 130 examples of
how others have been making changes for and around sustainable development
at their colleges and universities and in the surrounding communities.  The
EFS Profiles database encompasses work in curriculum change, campus
greening, community involvement, sustainability research and institutional
transformation.  These profiles have been gathered into this database with
the intent to spark new ideas and allow those planning new sustainability
projects to benefit from the insights and experiences of colleagues.

Second Nature < http://www.2nature.org > is a nonprofit organization
working to help colleges and universities expand their efforts to make
environmentally sustainable and just action a foundation of learning and
practice.  Education for Sustainability (EFS) is a lifelong learning
process that leads to an informed and involved citizenry having the
creative problem-solving skills, scientific and social literacy, and
commitment to engage in responsible individual and cooperative actions.

Please contact me directly at < sbolton@2nature.org > if you have any
questions or comments.  We truly look forward to hearing from you and hope
you will visit our website soon.

Thank you,

Steve Layman Bolton
Manager, Electronic Resources