< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Systems and individuals

by John Walsh

20 May 1999 11:11 UTC

David Smith wrote:

> One aside to Mr. Gunning and others who want folks on the list to define
cut - from Pat also cut-
David, one of the criticisms of "systems analysis" in social science is

Colleagues,

The reason I joined this list was because I am co-supervising a doctoral student who is interested in locating his work in a World-Systems approach. It is an area about which I previously knew little (but qualify as a supervisor owing to expertise in other aspects of the research). I have personally welcomed the interactions that have arisen from Pat's posts as they have illuminated or at least provoked the expression of the opinions of those more knowledgeable and experienced in this subject than I. For what it is worth, therefore, I would prefer to continue observing these debates rather than many of the postings from a period before Pat's subscription which were of less use to me.

Hmm, on review this is rather egotistic as an approach but, at least, honest.

Toodle pip,

John Walsh D.Phil.,
Research Fellow,
Institute for Research into International Competitiveness (IRIC),
Curtin University of Technology,
PO Box U1987,
Perth  WA 6845.

Tel:  +61-8-9266-4257