< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Serbia and the West

by Pat Gunning

16 May 1999 14:06 UTC

> George Pennefather wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> As I  have said before the Balkan war  is an inter-capitalist war, not
> an inter-imperialist war.
>
> All sides  in the war are  seeking to maintain or  enhance the general
> conditions for profit maximisation.  It is a war over the character of
> capital accumulation in Serbia  and, indirectly, globally. No sides in
> this war represent the  class interests of the working class --neither
> Serbia,  the  KLA  nor  NATO. Thereby  no  side  can  be supported  by
> revolutionaries.  Revolutionaries  must struggle  to  expose the  real
> nature of  all sides in this conflict in  the interests of promoting a
> struggle against the bourgeoisie.

George, could you tell us how to find this working class and also
explain to us in concrete terms (i.e., in more concrete terms that a
revolution or "struggle against the bourgeoisie") what you believe is in
their interests?

--
Pat Gunning, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Web pages on Subjectivism, Democracy, Taiwan, Ludwig von Mises,