< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Don't blame the doctor-- (alsoknownas"Don't Shoot the Messenger.") (fwd)

by Pat Gunning

15 May 1999 05:37 UTC

md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu wrote:

> pat, thanks for your distinction between demand and supply. i think i
> am pretty much aware of it. what i am asking is the relevancy of this
> distinction under a capitalist economy when it comes to gun selling and
> buying. i am talking about a particular commodity not just an ordinary
> item. to what extent does "gun purchasing" constitute an "actual" demand?
> do we know the percentage of the people in the US or anywhere who posses
> guns?

Perhaps I misunderstood you. What do you mean by an actual demand? Are
you suggesting that the demand by A to rob B or to defend herself
against B's efforts to rob or rape is not an "actual" demand?

--
Pat Gunning, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Web pages on Subjectivism, Democracy, Taiwan, Ludwig von Mises,