< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Kofi Annan's statement on NATO bombing, 3/24 (?)

by David Schwartzman

07 May 1999 09:08 UTC

Dear WSN,
I am active in the campaign here in Washington DC against Nato bombing.
Kofi Annan is scheduled to speak at Howard University commencement
tomorrow. I cannot seem to find the text of his statement on March 24,
referred to by Andre Gunder Frank in his communication of March 26,
regarding the requirement for Security Council approval as set forth by
the UN Charter. I tried the UN web page for press releases and spoke to
the information officers without success. Has it been censored from
official UN releases? I did hear his statement on the radio (Democracy
Now). Can anyone on the list provide me a copy of Annan's statement so
we can use it in a leaflet for tomorrow? I need asap.
Best regards,
David Schwartzman
Professor
Department of Biology