< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: National Sovereignty

by Charles J. Reid

28 April 1999 07:23 UTC

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Pat Gunning wrote:

> So I agree that the agression of NATO against Serbia violates the
> principle of respect for national sovereignty. But I do not regard
> respect for national sovereignty as a higher moral principle than the
> one stated above.

-- This is like saying it's OK for the cops to beat a confession out a
suspect, because convivting the perp is more important than the
constitution. Double-think: destroy the village to save it, defend human
rights by bombing millions of people. Sociological research shows the
human mind can make a long line short, and a short line long. But
double-think is double-think. Either you support international law, or
your don't.

//CJR