< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Young people and ecology

by loner

06 April 1999 15:22 UTC

I'm writing from Italy.
I'm going to start a survey on YOUNG PEOPLE (15-20 years old, students
of a secondary school) and ECOLOGY (that is how they perceive the
natural environment, their relationship with the nature, their behavior
toward this problem,  their level of acquaintance of the problem, which
is the importance they give to the environment respect to other values,
measuring environmental attitude, level of Anthropocentrism/Ecocentrism,
.... )  and if some correlation between these arguments and other values
exists, like peace, family, beyond obviously gender, level of education,
residence place (urban vs rural), profession of their father...
Unfortunately this seems to be a field little explored from social
search.
One problem are the indicators to use (I know Nep, New Environmental
Paradigm, by Dunlap and Van Liere, but i's an old scale).
I am not familiar with much literature on this precise topic.
Does anyone have readings they can recommend?
Does anibody know about previous surveys in such field (in Usa or in
Europe)?
Thanks

Enzo Loner

Informatica e Statistica Applicate