< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Reply to Dr. Schott

by noplace

27 March 1999 22:48 UTC

i feel moved to come to the defence of Dr. Schott.  If he wants to
engage in entirely trivial and irrelevant research, let him do so.  Why
is it that we have this pressure thrust upon us to engage in politics,
in the present?  Isn't there space in our communities for people who are
deaf and dumb?  Why seek to cure them?  I say give Dr. Schott (if he
hasn't got it already) life tenure.  There are, afterall, so many people
out there fighting in the name of politics.  Just even take America as
an example.  Everywhere I go, everyday of my life, I hear people on the
street, on television, on the radio, talking, struggling, striving
together with the key issues of today.  We must defend the right of the
likes of Dr. Schott to bury his head in the sand and remain oblivious to
this endless noise of political discourse.  This list, thus far, has
been a refuge, an oasis.  Please don't pollute it further with
meaningful things.  Let's get back to meaningless predictions of war in
the next millennia, or Hawai'i's place in world accumulation patterns
since 2500 B.C.