< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: NATO, Kosovo, Russia

by noplace

25 March 1999 15:35 UTC

>Nevertheless, one's dislike for a particular cop does not
>defeat the argument that society _needs_ cops.

its the leaders of our societies who need policing.  I dream of a
civilian police force who would try, indict and imprison our leaders.
Its they, much more than the simple men on the ground, that through
their incredible disregard for others in pursuit of their own interests
create the conditions of possibility for the men on the bottom to kill
in such numbers.  Heaven forbid that one day we have democracy anywhere
in the world (which presupposes information literacy and free
communication).  Heaven forbid that the general public will one day say,
enough of this, enough of these lies ... j'accuse!