< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

A Message from the Associate Dean

by gsirinfo

24 March 1999 07:24 UTC

In an effort to promote the global academic community’s awareness of its new program, the Graduate School of International Relations at the International University of Japan invites you to consider its offerings.

At the Graduate School of International Relations, we offer students a close look at the impact of globalization on the Asia Pacific region from our unique vantage point in Japan. Students develop profitable research and analytical skills relevant to strategic thinking in the new global environment. Three programs of study are offered and lead to a Master of Arts degree in either International Relations or International Development.

International Relations Program (IRP): Provides students with a deep analytical appreciation of global and regional issues in international security, politics, environment, and political economy, which underlie the increasingly complex international developments. While, this program meets the demands of students seeking further study in a Ph.D. or related program, it is beneficial for students wishing to pursue careers in public service, international organizations and international business.

Asia Pacific International Relations Program (APP): Examines emerging political, economic, social and cultural trends in the Asia Pacific region in the context of globalization and from the vantage point of Japan. APP is appropriate for students wishing to pursue careers in government, journalism, business, banking, and finance to name a few.

International Development Program: (IDP) Provides a practical understanding of the concepts, theories and quantitative techniques relevant to an examination of development issues. IDP is appropriate for those wishing to pursue careers in the public sector, and at international aid agencies or organizations, as well as consulting firms, research institutes and financial institutions.

Why not “visit” our campus and discover our programs in International Development, Asia Pacific Relations, and International Relations? It is only a click away!

http://www.iuj.ac.jp/gsir/gsirpromo/index.cfm?title=425

K.M. Stokes
Associate Dean
http://www.iuj.ac.jp