< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Boundaries (?)

by Kharyssa Rhodes

03 March 1999 16:43 UTC

Good day everyone!

I have headed off into the second major portion of my thesis and need some
help with resources.

I am looking to integrate boundary studies in archaeology with WST. Other
than the brief discussion of boundaries in Chase-Dunn and Hall's Rise and
Demise, I have been unable to find explicit treatments of such in WST. Of
course, I understand that in modern world-systems, boundaries are more
easily defined by state lines and ethnic nationalism, but has there been any
work done for the consideration of boundaries in archaeological contexts?

Thank you!
-kharyssa-

Kharyssa Rhodes-Woehler
Graduate Student