< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Help

by JST

03 March 1999 16:21 UTC

Greetings!  I am a researcher in Japan currently working on a paper re the role of knowledge in the development and underdevelopment of countries.  In particular, my research looks into knowledge as a factor of production and how it contributes to the core-periphery problem using the World Systems Theory as a framework.

Pertinent to my research, may I ask:

1. How is science defined in the World Systems Theory?
2. What is the role of knowledge/power structures in the World Systems Theory?
3. What theory of production is embedded in the World Systems Theory, if there is one?  If there is none, then why not?
4. How applicable would the World Systems Theory be once we add information technology, especially with the advent of the INTERNET?
5. Lastly, can anyone please provide me with an annotated bibliography that pertains to my research (i.e., knowledge, science and World Systems Theory combined)?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely,
RACHELLE CASTILLO