< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: your mail

by pms

27 February 1999 18:05 UTC

Hey ya'll.  Remember me?  The lurking waitress who loves Wal-Mart?  Anyway,
I just wanted to tell you how thrilled I was to read these comments, cause
I didn't know that other people thought we were heading for war.  I always
say ten to twenty years, but events, at least in the economy, always take
longer than I expect, and I'm starting to accept that as a given.

I don't see how these kinds of predictions could be anything but what you
call indeterminate.  I see several possibilities leading to war with a
"real" country, but of course they all flow from my view of the US as a 900
lb gorilla determined to get it's way, willing to jump off a cliff if
necessary.

Fer instance, what will happen if Europe simply cannot compete, and retain
the remnants, at least, of the welfare state?  Or if Japan cannot recover
economically without forming an Asian block?  Or Russia cannot survive
without forming a self-contained economic federation?(pretty much a given,
eh?)

Small events(relatively), like the EU and intro of the Euro, are moving
toward a challenge to US hegemony(I hate that word, pundit too),  I cannot
see the US gracefully accepting this trend, can you?

Anyway, I feel less like a conspiracy monger now.

smooches,
Paula

YES CHILD.  CONSPIRACY THEORIES REALLY DO COME TRUE. (tuck, tuck)  Now say
you prayers, and turn off the light.