Re: A Plea for Help: references re world empires

Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:48:29 -0500 (EST)
Thomas D. [Tom] Hall, THALL@DEPAUW.EDU (THALL@DEPAUW.EDU")

Kharyssa,

At the risk of being self aggrandizing, Rise & Demise: Comparing
World-Systems, Westview 1997, Christopher Chase-Dunn and Thomas D. Hall
[me] is a very good starting point. In addition to being a thorough
overview of application of world-systems analysis to precapitalist
settings, it has an extensive bibliography.

If it generates detailed questions, email me directly. For general
questions, keep them on WSN, most of the players read WSN so you'll get
more answers.

tom

Thomas D. [tom] Hall
thall@depauw.edu