Re: globalism vs globalization

Sat, 08 Nov 1997 23:22:50 +0100
Danilo D'Antonio (dasa3000@mondrian.sgol.it)

At 15.06 08/11/97 GMT, you wrote:

>>If inside
>>this globalization process there are certain and well recognized advantages
>>(it is well known that through it the wellbeing and the prosperity increase
>>everywhere in the world)...
>
>Whoa!! Allow me to suggest that such an outcome is not at all "well
>known", unless you mean in the sense of "disinformation widely swallowed".
>On both empirical and theoretical grounds I find such a characterization
>dubious at best.

May be that good and bad things are in every our expression. If so many
people are now communicating all around the world by the Internet is it not
also thanks to some effects of globalization?

>As I'll be using the terms, globalization is the process, globalism is the
>philosophy, and both refer to a concious elite program of power usurpation.
>Apologies if this seems like language usurpation. (:>)

Yes, I agree with you that globalism is the reflection, the thought, and
globalization is the action. Just as globalization is action without
thought, it goes wrong. But I think that just as globalism involve a deeper
use of the mind it leads even the worse globalizer to an improvement of his
actions.

I'm very happy of this occasion, because you are furnishing to me more
elements to understand these concepts. I think that it is really necessary
to make clearness in this theme because I see everyday a misuse of these
words on the mass-media. Then, as there are various and different uses of
these terms, there are ecologysts that do not recognize the globalizers and
work together with them, and there are also other ecologysts that suspects
of other ecologysts because they are defining themselves globalysts.

May be that you want to get a glimpse at an article just named
"Globalization vs. Globalism" at:

http://www.panix.com/~jimcook/globalization/gl_vs_gl.htm

My best wishes for your book: I hope to can be one of the first to read it!

Danilo D'Antonio

---
LABORATORIO EUDEMONIA  oO$Oo Cosa seminerai oggi?
Via Fonte Regina, 23 - 64100 - Teramo - Italy
tel & fax: 0861/415655 - e.mail: dasa3000@sgol.it
http://oasi.asti.it/Homes/eudemonia/mappa.htm