core-periphery symbiosis

Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:26:26 -0600 (NSK)
Nikolai S. Rozov (ROZOV@cnit.nsu.ru)

Dear Salvatore,
i agree with you in all points, but isn't it very normal and usual for
peripheral big business (which includes besides Chinese and Russian
semi-state companies and factories, also Latin American, Indian, African
compradors) to be harsh on workers, cruel, corrupt and predatory?
It always seemed for me that it is a very nice and stable symbiosis here
between core liberal democracies and peripheral harsh exploitaition supported
by political authoritatism and violence.

yours Nikolai