American Historical Association, Seattle 1998

Mon, 7 Oct 1996 11:12:50 -0600, MDT
J B Owens (OWENJACK@FS.isu.edu)

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 09:16:46 -0700
From: Ken Pomeranz <kpomeran@benfranklin.hnet.uci.edu>
Subject: CFP -- American Historical Association, Seattle 1998

From: Ann B Waltner <waltn001@maroon.tc.umn.edu>

This is just a reminder that the first deadline for paper proposals for
the 1998 meeting of the American Historical Association (which will meet
in Seattle in early January) is
Oct. 31. (There will be a second deadline of February 15.) The call for
papers and information on sending in panel propsals is in the September
issue of Perspectives. This year's committee is particularly interested
in soliciting two sorts of panels--comparative panels and panels which
make links between the historical profession and the wider community,
looking at the possibilities and prospects for history as a public
conversation. Of course, the AHA is also as always interested in new
and exciting work on any topic of history.

I would like to urge H-World subscribers to think seriously about
submitting proposals, especially for comparative panels, to the AHA.

If you have a good idea for a comparative panel, but need help putting it
together, you may propose partial panels (for the Oct. 31 deadline
*only*). The committee will do what it can in its collective wisdom (and
short time) to help put you in touch with appropriate people.

Ann Waltner
AHA program committee co-chair
Department of History
University of Minnesota
waltn001@maroon.tc.umn.edu

(If you absolutely positively do not have access to Perspectives and want
to propose a panel, you can e-mail me and I will send you (by snail
mail-so include the appropriate address) the call for papers and forms.)