Fw: ASA and PEWS membership

Tue, 26 Sep 1995 11:29:21 -0400
chris chase-dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

this is a note terry boswell sent to grad students at Emory. you'all do the
same at your home institutions.
------------------------------
From: "Terry Boswell" <TBOS@socsci.ss.emory.edu>
To: miguel@unm.edu, fdeyo@acspr1.acs.brockport.edu, pdm1@cornell.edu,
Subject: ASA and PEWS membership

I made this up for my students and thought others might could use
it.
I strongly urge all grad students to join the ASA. I also would
encourage all students in the comparative political economy and the
stratification and organizations areas (and everybody else too for
that matter) to join the Political Economy of the World-System (PEWS)
section. As I have done in the past, I will pay for the PEWS
membership of any grad who is an ASA member. Below is a form that you
can print and mail with $5. Let me know and I will pay you back, or
if you are strapped, let me know now. This must be in by the end of
September.

-------------------------------------CLIP-----------------------------

To: American Sociological Association
1722 N. Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036

From: _______________________________

_______________________________

_______________________________

____ I am an ASA member, and want to join the
Political Economy of the World-System Section.
Enclosed is $5.00 for Section dues for this
year.

Make checks payable to the American Sociological Association

-------------------------------------CLIP-----------------------------

The following are the Sessions submitted to the American Sociological
Association office for next year's ASA conference. We only get the THREE sessions if we have more than 400
members, which means we need to sign up about 10 additional members,
at least, by the END OF SEPTEMBER.

>1996 ASA Annual Meeting Sessions: Political Economy of the World-System Section

>>Session 1.
>>Topic: Globalization: Myths and Realities
>>Organizer: Philip McMichael
>>Address: Department of Rural Sociology
>> Cornell University
>> Ithaca, NY 14853-7801.
>>Phone: 607-255-5479
>>E-mail address: pdm1@cornell.edu
>>
>>Session 2.
>>Topic: The Environment and the World Economy
>>Organizer: Al Bergesen
>>Address: Department of Sociology
>> University of Arizona
>> Tucson, AZ 85721.
>>Phone: 520-621-3303
>>E-mail: aberg@ccit.arizona.edu
>>
>>Session 3.
>>Topic: The Social Regulation of Global Capitalism
>>Organizer: Fred Deyo
>>Address: Department of Sociology
>> SUNY at Brockport
>> Brockport, NY 14420.
>>Phone: 716-395-5655
>>E-mail: fdeyo@acspr1.acs.brockport.edu
>>
>>Roundtables
>>Organizers: Miguel Korzeniewicz Farshad Araghi
>Address: Department of Sociology Department of Sociology, Social Sciences
>> University of New Mexico Florida Atlantic University
>> Albuquerque, NM 88130. 2912 College Avenue
>> Davie, FL 33314.
>>
>>Phone: 505-277-3911 305-476-4553
>>E-mail: miguel@unm.edu araghi@acc.fau.edu

1995-96 Section Chair