ASA sessions

Thu, 7 Sep 1995 07:57:36 -0400
Philip McMichael (pdm1@cornell.edu)

PEWS Members and PEWS Wannabes, the following are the Sessions submitted to
the American Sociological Association office for next year's ASA
conference.

Remember, we'll only get the THREE sessions if we have more than 400
members, which means we need to sign up about a half dozen additional
members, at least, by the END OF SEPTEMBER. [Graduate students who belong
to ASA cost $5 to sign up.]

To sign someone up send memo specifying PEWS Section, with check, to:
Elizabeth Czepiel,
Sections Governance
American Sociological Association
1722 N Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20036.

>1996 ASA Annual Meeting Sessions: Political Economy of the World-System Section

>>Session 1.
>>Topic: Globalization: Myths and Realities
>>Organizer: Philip McMichael
>>Address: Department of Rural Sociology
>> Cornell University
>> Ithaca, NY 14853-7801.
>>Phone: 607-255-5479
>>E-mail address: pdm1@cornell.edu
>>
>>Session 2.
>>Topic: The Environment and the World Economy
>>Organizer: Al Bergesen
>>Address: Department of Sociology
>> University of Arizona
>> Tucson, AZ 85721.
>>Phone: 520-621-3303
>>E-mail: aberg@ccit.arizona.edu
>>
>>Session 3.
>>Topic: The Social Regulation of Global Capitalism
>>Organizer: Fred Deyo
>>Address: Department of Sociology
>> SUNY at Brockport
>> Brockport, NY 14420.
>>Phone: 716-395-5655
>>E-mail: fdeyo@acspr1.acs.brockport.edu
>>
>>Roundtables
>>Organizers: Miguel Korzeniewicz Farshad Araghi
>Address: Department of Sociology Department of Sociology, Social Sciences
>> University of New Mexico Florida Atlantic University
>> Albuquerque, NM 88130. 2912 College Avenue
>> Davie, FL 33314.
>>
>>Phone: 505-277-3911 305-476-4553
>>E-mail: miguel@unm.edu araghi@acc.fau.edu

Philip McMichael