Fw: H-AFRICA seeks African partners

Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:17:50 -0400
chris chase-dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

------------------------------
From: Mel Page <PAGEM@ETSUARTS.EAST-TENN-ST.EDU>
Subject: H-AFRICA seeks African partners

Please call the following announcement to the attention of
ETHNOHIS readers. Thank you.

Mel Page, editor, H-AFRICA

*********************************

H-AFRICA is an international moderated English-language electronic
discussion group and bulletin board for scholars (including graduate
students), librarians, teachers, and other professionals broadly
interested in the African past, including a variety of disciplines
and approaches to the study of the entire continent. H-AFRICA
encourages informed discussions of teaching and research on African
history and humanities at all levels of interest and complexity.

A primary goal of H-AFRICA is to encourage and develop electronic
connections between humanities scholars in Africa and their
colleagues all over the world. To do so, we draw upon the
considerable technical and other resources of the H-Net (Humanities-
on-Line) organization, of which we are a part. H-AFRICA invites and
encourages scholars and other professionals in Africa to subscribe
and become partners with us in building humanities internet
connectivity on the continent.

H-AFRICA is currently edited by Professor Mel Page of East Tennessee
State University and Professor Harold Marcus of Michigan State
University, who may be reached to answer any questions at:
Mel Page pagem@etsuarts.east-tenn-st.edu
Harold Marcus 22634mgr@msu.edu
When you send in a subscription request, the editors will send you a
short questionnaire to complete and return so we may confirm your
subscription. To subscribe, send an e-mail message to:
LISTSERV@MSU.EDU
with no subject and only this text:
SUB H-AFRICA yourfirstname yourlastname, your institution
(Capitalization does not matter, but spelling and commas do.)

Please share this message with anyone who may have an interest in
H-AFRICA and its goal of promoting internet connectivity in Africa.
Prof. Chris Chase-Dunn
Department of Sociology
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD. 21218 USA