Re: Arrighi's _Long Twentieth Century_

Tue, 6 Jun 1995 14:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
David Smith (dasmith@orion.oac.uci.edu)

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, chris chase-dunn wrote:

> -
> Remember that we are going to have a discussion of Giovanni Arrighi's
> _The Long Twentieth Century_ (Verso 1994) beginning next Monday, June 12 on
> wsn. This a great book that all world-system scholars and world citizens
> should read. As with all posts to wsn, the contributions to the discussion
> will be archived on wsystems, the World-Systems electronic archive at
> csf.colorado.edu You can review all posts to wsn by examining the
> "mail-archive" subdirectory of wsystems.

I think this sort of discussion is an excellent use of WSN! And I went
out and got myself a copy of this book as soon as I heard it was out.
But it's a pity that y'all are starting the discussion during exam week
and not waiting until the beginning of summer vacation.

(But then nobody ever thinks about us poor unfortunates out on this left
coast who suffer under the trimester system, do they!?!)

cheers,

dave smith
sociology, uc-irvine