Fw: Fw: Information Request

Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:47:59 -0400
chris chase-dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

------------------------------
From: "chris chase-dunn " <chriscd@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 13:50:53 EDT
To: wsn@csf.colorado.edu
BCc:
Subject: Fw: Information Request

------------------------------
From: Asako Yoshida <AYOSHIDA@iisdpost.iisd.ca>
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 16:21:24 -0400
To: Multiple recipients of list <ipe@csf.colorado.edu>
Subject: Information Request

I am sending this message from International Institute for Sustainable
Development in
Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba), a non-profit organization that acts as a
catalyst, influencing
critical decision-making processes in favour of sustainable development
nationally and
internationally. Among many initiatives, we are currently developing
Sourcebase, on-line
databases with collections of references to key organizations,
publications/documents, and
electronic resources and more, dealing with sustainable development related
issues. The
Sourcebase is an evolving project and currently available on the Internet on
the World
Wide Web. If you have access to any of the World Wide Web browser such as
Mosaic or
Netscape, you will find our Sourcebase on IISDNet at URL:
<http://iisd1.iisd.ca>.

For the next three months, we plan to update each section of the Sourcebase
more
systematically in conjunction with our plan to produce print/diskette
versions next year. I
am currently looking for print sources or those in any electronic formats
which are
considered to be "must" references in rethinking Economics as intellectual
tool as we
move towards sustainable development. Those works should address the
problems and
limitations of the traditional, mainstream econmics thinking and address
alternative
intellectual tools to facilitate sustainable development. These should
include
representative works in the discipline of ecological economics as well as
applied works
dealing with natural resources management and the relationship between the
environment
and economy. At the same time, we would like to include both theoretical
and applied
works addressing sustainable development beyond the limited relationship
between the
environment and economy in the Northern context including the North-South
disparity
and wider development issues.

I would be glad to share the responses with you and look forward to hearing
from your
input. Please send your input to Asako Yoshida at <ayoshida@web.apc.org>
or
<ayoshida@iisdpost.iisd.ca>.

Asako Yoshida
Project Officer
Communications & Partnerships
International Institute for Sustainable Development
Prof. Chris Chase-Dunn
Department of Sociology
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD. 21218 USA