Re: constructive typology

Fri, 10 Feb 1995 15:28:38 MDT
J B Owens (OWENJACK@fs.isu.edu)

From: Jack Owens <owenjack@isu.edu>

I want to comment a bit on the "Constructive Typology of Societal
Systems" which was posted on 25 January 1995 by Nikolai S. Rozov.
These comments are those of a historian who deals with world history
in the period from about the fourteenth century C.E. to the
eighteenth. As Nikolai has suggested, I have tried to think through
his ideas in terms of the research problems with which I deal and
with an eye to explaining change. Those with other preoccupations
will no doubt have other perspectives to offer.

Since Nikolai's original message was very long and I want to include
his words, I will break up my message into what I hope are manageable
lengths divided at convenient places. I hope a will be excused for a
bit of repetition as I will try to keep the individual postings as
intelligible as possible.