ASA Immigration Section (fwd)

Tue, 24 Jan 1995 18:32:14 -0500
Christoph Chase-Dunn (chriscd@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu)

Professor Christopher Chase-Dunn
Department of Sociology
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD. 21218 USA
410 516 7633
fax 410 516 7590
email chriscd@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 03:14:01 -0500
From: Horton, John SOCIO <Horton@soc.sscnet.ucla.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <psn@csf.colorado.edu>
Subject: ASA Immigration Section

Those of you who are now or desperately want to be members of the American
Sociological Association can do your political act of the day by joining the
new section on International Migration. According to the section chair, Ruben
Rumbault, we are short about 70 members of the 200 necessary for a
section and a program in the August meetings at Washington, D.C. Especially
in this time of immigrant bashing, it is important to have a space at the ASA
where we can discuss the issue. Also, it is especially important to have a
progressive presence in the section.

What to do? ASA members can send a check for only $4.00 (indicate that it's
for membership in the International Immigration Section) to Elizabeth
Czepiel, Section Coordinator, American Sociological Association, 1722 N
Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036-2981. Any letter postmarked by Feb. 1
will count toward membership.

If you want information about joining the ASA and section membership, you
can FAX 202 785-0146 or email asa_governance_sections@meimail.com

Thanks for your help,

John Horton