Re: RECENT WARMING OF ARCTIC MAY AFFECT WORLDWIDE CLIMATE
by Tim Jones

Please see http://www.cmp.caltech.edu/~mcc/chaos_new/Lorenz.html for detail on
chaos theory. It seems to me the attractor is a jillion cars and factories, "butterflies"
all doing the same thing., ie adding GHG to the atmosphere at an exponential rate.

There are a lot of variables and no-one's sure what local events will reflect except
that as the heat engine gets hotter the effects will become amplified. Secondary effects
may be inverted. That is, global warming may cause the Gulf Stream and the mid ocean
conveyor current to slow down or stop due to warming fresh water from the arctic
keeping otherwise cooled salt water from sinking and thus driving the current.
This may result in ice age conditions descending on Europe in the near term as the
ice caps melt at a rate of 9 % a year and deprive Europe of the Gulf Streams warming
influence.

Tim