Re: Washington's War on Terrorism is Not Misguided
by KenRichard2002
17 September 2003 01:21 UTC

I couldn't access the website as posted.

I would agree with the basic premise,  though.  My thoughts are that the US would like to see Iraq and other countries of the Middle East in the same dire straits as the Southern African countries;   selling off their natural resources at fire sale prices so that there is little money for social stability and social welfare,  so that the states are always weak and unstable and so that outside forces can better control the region.  Hopefully,  it all backfires directly in the face of imperialism.

KR