Re: WEB INTELLIGENCE # 2 - jULY 23, 2003 (fwd)
by John Leonard
23 July 2003 20:17 UTC

more of the usual epithets and lack of tolerance for intellectual pluralism from the orthodox conformist

what ever happened to the rules of rhetoric?
your posting is sheer ad hominem fallacy from start to finish

to reclaim your free thinking capacities, i strongly recommend reading this great catalog of tricks and fallacies:

"Propaganda Techniques," based on "Psychological Operations Field Manual No.33-1" published by Headquarters; Department of the Army, at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/546409/posts

of course, to the sacrosanct orthodox, this is double anathema - it originated with the US Army and is posted at the Free Republic!

Q.E.D. (quod erat demonstrandum): Get the message, don't shoot the messenger

or in other words, a true statement is true when it is true. not when it is sponsored by a household name. we got to use our heads - and let others use theirs, too.