Re: NYTimes.com Article: Experts Can Help Rebuild a Country
by Khaldoun Samman
22 July 2003 13:53 UTC

<<As the occupation of Iraq appears more complex by
the day, where are the new Ruth Benedicts,
authoritative voices who will carry weight with both
Iraqis and Americans?>>

Forget the Ruth Benedicts.  What we need are the ibn
Khaldun's, the Abdel-Malek's, the Mohanty's, and the
Ashrawi's - real authoritative voices that can tell us
what to do about, and how to change, the American
corporate machine.

Khaldoun