Re: Consciousness
by Jay Fenello
17 July 2003 05:58 UTC

At 7/16/2003  11:11 AM, you wrote:

In other words, to concentrate on the practical (systems) changes that can be made which will naturally lead to (some form of) changed consciousness, some new way of looking at the world and our role in it.
I would like to suggest that some have cogently argued the reverse,
that "the practical (systems) changes"  will only be made as a result of "(some form of) changed consciousness."

I live just north of Atlanta, in a relatively
cosmopolitan part of the Bible belt.  Very few
people express opposition to President Bush or
his policies.  Most people get very upset and
confused when I question his actions.

They are not conscious.

They believe what they've been taught, and
what they are told.

They know the truth, without ever searching
for it ...

For years now, I have joined discussions like
this one, and every time I look at this question,
I come to the same conclusion:

     We have a problem of consciousness.

Either, change has to come from those at the top
of the hierarchy, or through an awakening of the
masses.

Comments welcome ...

Jay.

+++