Re: COUP d' ETAT IN WASHINGTON
by GlobalCirclenet
26 June 2003 12:55 UTC

Those are probably typical questions from thinking people. The point where
people get derailed may be the notion that this is a democracy. It wasn't
set up that way, and we can see the issues between Jefferson and Hamilton.
And today it's changed so much neither of them would recognize it as their
creation. Civics 101 tells us nothing about the way government is really
run. Those mythical three branches of government are all part of the same
system where the money and power elites fight each other for a bigger piece
of the pie at our expense, and nobody represents us. People go on believing
the news anchors and pundits, and know nothing of executive orders, special
interests, powerful lobbies, covert ops, black budgets, the Fed, media
concentration, secret government, or fake pretexts for wars. And they're
lost between information overload and Prozac. If they're told they won't
believe it. But we focus on that ten per cent of the population that
actually has some effect or participation in public policy, and go from
there.

--paul, webmaster http://globalcircle.net
peace and liberty, sustainability and justice

get daily Global NetNews Summary - email to:
globalnetnews-summary-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
OR globalnetnews-summary-subscribe@lists.riseup.net

On 6/26/2003 at 2:41 PM btws549 wrote:

>I did think about the part on the encirclement of China, and just
>wondering if the Chinese would know what to do about this geopolitical
>strategy by the Bush administration. It is so obvious, but the mainstream
>press or academic circle seem to be oblivious to this situation.
>
>One question about all the alleged cowardly behaviours of the Congress and
>the Media in the states, since the US is the democracy it is, why can't
>they speak up? Is it because of nationalism, or is it because all the
>financial strings and political powers are vested in this Presidency?
>Nationalism is quite a hard argument to subsantiate, as the corporatist
>culture with the migrant society in the US would make it difficult to
>really develop such strong nationalist characteristics. Political power in
>the Executive can, in theory, be curbed by the Congress, despite its
>limitations. But what we're seeing are the most outright violations ever
>known, at least to me, by any American administration, and the Congress is
>so helpless about it! Vested interests in going along the lines of the
>administration? Or just plain cowardice in challenging a wartime
President?