basic books on modernization theory
by Alan Spector
21 June 2003 16:59 UTC

I have a student doing an independent study course on modernization.  Basically, what I need is the titles of two or three books on modernization theory that explains it in simple terms. The student is not a sociology major and does not have a strong background in sociological theory. This is meant to be a basic, introductory course, and readability is an especially important aspect of these books.  So, if anyone can give me a few ideas, that would be helpful. Feel free to e-mail me privately.\

thanks,

Alan Spector

spectors@netnitco.net