Re: Prigogine & Co.
by Trichur Ganesh
19 June 2003 20:27 UTC

Nature, I argue, is not "inanimate", and here is the place where I disagree with Wagar.  Why should nature be considered a lifeless domain - even if some 'natural scientists' see it that way?  Why should social scientists see nature as inanimate and find 'animateness' only in human beings?  I find this a really forced separation and hence cannot help disagreeing with Wagar's perspective.  Ganesh.