Re: Prigogine & Co.
by Trichur Ganesh
19 June 2003 20:14 UTC

Is nature that different from society?  Is it not perhaps time to speak
differently about the experience of nature, in a manner that does not erect an
artificial separation between the two?  Does not the mighty Marx himself - in no
doubt occasional passages alone - refuse the separation?  How to theorize about
the embeddedness of society in nature is one of the challenges that face all
materialist thinkers.  It is I want to argue, an ethical undertaking.  Ganesh.