Re: [WSDG] Napoleonic Right and World-Empire?
by Trichur Ganesh

I disagree with the comparison you make, Elson.  In a talk that I gave in a
Conference titled "The Real Situation" on the 29th of January, I compared the
current empire-making bid of the US to the Hapsburg bid for European empire.  I
think that is the correct comparison.  In both cases the terms of the bid are
similar, the religious wars of Reformation (Catholics vs. Protestants), 'good
vs.evil', in both cases also, a clear case of 'overstretch'.  For more
elaboration on this you may want to read my "The Current Conjuncture".  Ganesh
K. Trichur.