Merceneries and World-system
by Seyed Javad

Greetings,

This morning I was watching BBC News and noticed that the reporter who was in Kuwaiti Desert while talking to a general-in-command turned to the public and made the following remarks:

... they [soldiers] are all ready to do the job for which they are Paid For ... .

This brought to my mind a historical comparison between modern world-system and pre-modern world-system in relation to Military and Land. At the dawan of modern time there in Europe arouse a group of highly skilled soldiers who did 'do the job' for which they were paid for and gradually came to be called as MERCENARIES. In other words, they did what was required in the battle-field for 'wages'. In the start this method prove very deadly for those who employed these soldiers against their enemies but in the long run this system brought about the most deadliest disaster upon those who initiated this system.
I was wondering if this new mercernery-system is the begining of and end or?
Kind
Kafkazli Seyed

It's fast, it's easy and it's free! Click here to download MSN Messenger