Re: Hitler in the context of his times.
by Threehegemons

In a message dated 3/14/2003 12:20:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spectors@netnitco.net writes:

I haven't heard too many voices from the post-colonial world claim that formal
independence was of no matter, just because the US et al continue to dominate
their economies. And the nostalgia with which the center-right (and even some
liberals) in the US look at colonialism speak loads about what was lost.  The
independence struggles permanently shattered the notion that humanity is
divided between those who act and those who are taken care of and infantilized.
 This was crucial.

Ken Richards is right that it was the core's descent into self-destructive
chaos ('World War II') that provided the context for this victory.  However,
Hitler does not deserve some sort of special credit for this, anymore than the
allies who produced the Versaille treaty (which helped lead to the unbalances
that led to WWII).

Steven Sherman