Re: Critique of Comparative Advantage Please/Suggestions
by e. ahmet tonak
01 February 2003 21:29 UTC

You may find a rigorous economic critique of "Comparative Advantage" from Marxian point of view in the homepage of my co-author Anwar Shaikh. If you follow the link below you may find other related papers on international trade, capital flows, exchange rate determination, etc. Enjoy them.

http://homepage.newschool.edu/%7EAShaikh/papers.html

Milo Jones wrote:

Other than the Asia Times article highlighted on the list recently, can anyone point me towards some rigorous economic critiques of "Comparative Advantage" in World Systems or other economic literature? I am looking for "quantitative" and/or "practical" rather than normative criticism of the doctrine, and am not having too much luck in "mainstream" textbooks and articles...
Thank you,

Milo Jones

++++++++++++++
Milo Jones
Brussels School of International Studies
Belgium

--
Frequently the only possible answer is a critique of the
question and the only solution is to negate the question.

Karl Marx, 1857, Grundrisse, "The Chapter on Money,"  p.127.

E. Ahmet Tonak
Professor of Economics

Simon's Rock College of Bard
84 Alford Road