Re: wsn delayed access
by Khaldoun Samman

My apologies to Steve if my last post sounded like a criticism of the moderator.  I appreciate your service to wsn.

My comment is to see if there are any alternatives.  How did we do this in the past? Is there any way we can bypass the need for this cumbersome process? The reason I ask is that I had sent an email yesterday evening (subj Edward Said) and as far as I can tell it has yet to appear.  I'm afraid that if this continues to happen some of us may become so frustrated that we may become inactive members.

Again, this is not a criticism of the moderator. It is a criticism of the method we have adopted.  I for one would hate to take on the duty of recieving and sending the messages, and I would definetaly be less efficient than our very competent present moderator.

Khaldoun

 Threehegemons@aol.com wrote:

Khaldoun and others--what exactly is the complaint? As one of the moderators for the last couple of months, I have not accepted zero posts.

You (Khaldoun) may have been disapointed that your posts appeared in a weird order--but I can assure you this had nothing to do with the moderation and was the order they were sent to the moderator by the server.

Steven Sherman

In a message dated 1/23/2003 10:22:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, ibnsubhi@yahoo.com writes:

> After we have experimented with this moderated type of listserv, I think I can confidently say it is killing us. I beg the moderators and others on this listserv to reconsider this policy immediately. Otherwise we can kiss this listserv goodbye. As far as I can tell it is near death already. I have already heard many grumplings, even from those who initially suggested this inefficient method of control. Please, for
> the sake of the survival of this listserv reconsider!
> Khaldoun

Do you Yahoo!?