Re: Do Systems = Structures?
by btws549
05 December 2002 10:32 UTC

I would like to seek clarification of what Mr Stremlin said about the
difference between what Wallerstein said and Levi-Strauss.
Does this mean that to Wallerstein, structures are found within the system,
while for Levi-Strauss, the structure IS the system?
I personally feel that system is not the structure itself, but a manifestation
of what the structures within the system is able to do. Thus, why is it so that
the structure may be the system itself?
Sorry for the confused state of questioning, but this issue on basic definition
is too important to be left dubious.

justin